Neil Walbran Consulting was formed in 1995 to offer a range of consulting services to the Electrical Power industry. The company consists of Neil Walbran and a range of associates. We specialise in project management and advice to those designing or operating wholesale power markets. Areas of expertise include:
- Project management of regulatory and market design change projects;
- Modelling of power system operation in a wholesale market environment;
- Analysis of the value of generation and transmission investments;
- Design of market trading arrangements;
- Provision of training in market operations; and
- IT systems design and implementation for wholesale market operation.
As part of our services we provide analysis of generator and transmission investments based on historic and future market prices. To do this we have developed a number of analytical models. As an introduction to this modelling service we have provided a few sample, simplified, models and data sets below: